Informal Settlement Upgrading Programme
The programme facilitates the structured upgrading of informal settlements. It applies to in situ upgrading of informal settlements as well as where communities are to be relocated for a variety of reasons. The programme entails extensive community consultation and participation, emergency basic services provision, permanent services provision and security of tenure.
To qualify one must:
- Be South African citizen or hold of a permanent residence permit.
- Be 18 years and older.
- Be married or habitually cohabit.
- Be single and have financial dependents constantly living with you.
- Single people without financial dependents, such as the aged, people with disabilities and military veterans may be assisted.
- Must earn 0-R 3500.
- Not owned a house in the past.
WHAT DOCUMENTS MUST I HAVE IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR HOUSING SUBSIDY
- A green Bar Identity Document or Identity Card.
- If married, a spouse ID book is needed+ marriage certificate.
- Birth certificate of children and identity document of your dependants.
- Proof of income.
- Death certificate, if spouse died.
- Divorce decree, if divorced.