Honourable Ms Siphokazi Lusithi
MEC Human Settlements - Eastern Cape
Name: Siphokazi Lusithi
Date of Birth: 19 July 1986
Marital Status: Married
Place of Birth: Steynsburg
In 2003, she matriculated at Lawson Brown High School in Port Elizabeth. Honourable Lusithi took up administration advancement programmes with the University of Port Elizabeth (NMU), and University of Fort Hare. She is currently busy with her B.Admin degree with the University of South Africa.
Member of the Executive Council (MEC) of the Eastern Cape Department of Social Development (EC DSD) since the 28 May 2019 until 16 August 2022.
A Member of the Eastern Cape Provincial Legislature since May 2019. PEC Member of the African National Congress. Provincial Coordinator (Secretary) EC ANC Women’s League. Serving as a Member of the Executive Council for Human Settlements.
CAREER IN BRIEF: POLITICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Mrs Siphokazi Lusithi’s political involvement spans through all the levels of youth activism – from the ANC Youth League, the Young Communist League, and student politics.
- Lusithi was the Provincial Treasurer of the Eastern Cape ANCYL PEC
- EC Provincial Chairperson of South African Student Congress
- National Committee Member of Young Communist League of South Africa
- Her work experience includes being the Provincial Manager on ANC Conferencing
- An administrator of Elections in the ANC Provincial Office
- She serves in the Social Transformation Sub-Committee ANC PEC Sub-committee
- Before joining the Provincial Legislature as the Member of Parliament and being deployed as the Member of the Executive Council responsible for Social Development, she serves as an HR Practitioner at the ANC Caucus Office at the Provincial Legislature
GOVERNMENT RESPONSIBILITIES (PROVINCIAL)
Meet the team that makes this office work.
Executive Personal Assistant
083 378 1492
Media Liaison Officer