Rural Subsidy : Communal Land Rights
This subsidy is available to beneficiaries who only enjoy functional tenure rights to the land they occupy. This land is normally in rural areas and belongs to the state and is governed by traditional authorities.
The subsidies are only available on a project basis and beneficiaries are supported by implementing agents. Beneficiaries also have the right to decide how to use their subsidies either for service provision, on building of houses or a combination thereof.
To qualify one must:
- Be South African citizen or hold of a permanent residence permit.
- Be 18 years and older.
- Be married or habitually cohabit.
- Be single and have financial dependents constantly living with you.
- Single people without financial dependents, such as the aged, people with disabilities and military veterans may be assisted.
- Must earn 0-R 3500.
- Not owned a house in the past.
WHAT DOCUMENTS MUST I HAVE IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR HOUSING SUBSIDY
- A green Bar Identity Document or Identity Card.
- If married, a spouse ID book is needed + marriage certificate.
- Birth certificate of children and identity document of your dependants.
- Proof of income.
- Death certificate, if spouse died.
- Divorce decree, if divorced.